Soft question: state of the art in CPU/GPU Voxel rendering algorithms?

What is the current state of the art for Voxel rendering? Mixed GPU/CPU, mixed ray-tracing/rasterizing techniques is fine.

1. There is GitHub - veloren/veloren: An open world, open source voxel RPG inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Cube World. This repository is a mirror. Please submit all PRs and issues on our GitLab page. which looks great, but unfortunately is GPL.

2. There is GitHub - Technici4n/voxel-rs: Voxel-rs is a multiplayer Minecraft-like game engine written in Rust. The game is currently under heavy development and it's not yet playable. We are still looking for a better name... which looks pretty good, and I believe is pure GPU/rasterizing based.

3. There are also some WebGL2 ray tracing demos floating around, but they are not rust based.

Question: what is the state of the art in Voxel rendering? I feel like there should be some way to exploit the regular structure of voxels, but have not found any good resource on this.

Thanks!

1 Like

GitHub - dust-engine/dust: An in-development voxel game engine written in Rust. is another voxel renderer.

Does this project have a LICENSE file? I can't find it anywhere.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.