Seeking Mentorship and Guidance to Learn Rust

Hello fellow Rustaceans,

I hope this message finds you all well. I'm reaching out to the Rust community today with a strong desire to learn and master the Rust programming language. However, I have a learning disability that affects my reading abilities, which sometimes poses challenges when it comes to self-study. I'm hoping to find a mentor or someone willing to offer guidance as I embark on this exciting journey.

I've chosen Rust because of its focus on safety, performance, and concurrency, and I'm truly fascinated by its potential applications. I believe that with the right support, I can overcome my reading challenges and make significant progress in learning Rust.

While I have explored some video tutorials and interactive platforms, I find that hands-on guidance and personalized instruction would greatly enhance my learning experience. Having a mentor or someone willing to provide support would allow me to ask questions, gain insights, and address any roadblocks I encounter more effectively.

If you are an experienced Rust developer with a passion for teaching and helping others, I would be grateful for your guidance. I'm eager to work on open source projects, contribute to the Rust community, and improve my programming skills. I'm open to suggestions, exercises, project collaborations, or any resources you can recommend that suit my learning style.

I understand that mentoring is a valuable investment of time and expertise. Although I cannot offer monetary compensation at the moment, I'm committed to dedicating time and effort to make the most of your guidance. I'm also open to discussing any arrangement or structure that works best for both of us.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could reach out to me via email or through the Rust Forum private messaging system. Your support and mentorship would make a significant difference in my journey to become proficient in Rust.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

1 Like

Feel free to have a look at the awesome-rust-mentors page and contact any of the nice folks listed there.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.