Search for func by partial type signature / extract type sig of all functions

1. I have a few Rust crates that total 10k-20k lines of code. I need a better way to answer queries of the form:

I have structs of type A, B, C, and D. I want a struct of type E. What function is useful?

1. I'm not looking for a "strong AI auto completer" that chains together multiple function calls. I'm just looking for something that does this for individual functions: -- it finds all functions that returns a E, it takes into account that I have objects of A, B, C, and D -- and it sorts the functions by how many additional arguments I need to make it work.

2. This is because at this code size, I can't keep all the functions in mind, and I'm often in a situation where I know I need an object of type E, I'm just not sure how to construct it.

3. Towards this, given a cargo workspace where "cargo check; cargo build" works fine ... is there some tool that will extract all fn type sigs and dump them out in an easy to parse manner?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.