Rust devroom @ FOSDEM?

FOSDEM is about a week away. There is no formal method to get a bird of a feather (bof) room booked ahead of the conference, but we can ask to create one in the information desk in the H building on site. I will be there early on Saturday morning so I can do the paper work.

If anyone is interested in joining the bird of a feather session, let me know and I'll contact you with the information on the day. The bof will have to be on Saturday since I'm busy all day on Sunday.

Also, let me know some topics you're interested in talking about.

@skade Thanks for the invitation. However it will probably be hard to find them as I have no idea what they look like :wink:

@ehiggs I'm interested!

Well, find them on Twitter or meet them in the Ruby devroom (they are running it).

I'll be there, and giving two talks that involve Rust but are not about Rust specifically.

Yeah, your tweet announcing your talk made me look up FOSDEM just to realize it's organized where I live.. So thanks for that! :smiley:

I will probably come listen to your talks. Can you give an idea of how much Rust will be involved?

The first talk on graph processing will be light on Rust. The project is all Rust, but in a perfect world, nobody notices. The second talk (Timely + Rust) has a few slides and points about Rust, and argues that folks should be looking at it, but it isn't much of a deep dive into Rust issues.

I'd say both talks are "Rust adjacent", but they are talking about things that only the Rust community can do at the moment (+maybe the C# community).

Hi all,
I booked the bof room at FOSDEM from 3pm - 4pm. The room is H.3227.

2 Likes

I'll be there. Thanks!

Hi all,
A lot of people joined becasuse of the post on Reddit, so I posted a summary there. It's available here.