Rust + Cryptocurrencies: recruiting

Hi guys! My startup is looking for software engineers who have at least 3 years of experience with Rust. We are currently building the first crypto derivatives trading platform built with Rust and we’re looking to round out our founding team with 2-3 more engineers. If you are interested or know someone who might be please shoot me pm. Thanks a bunch.

P.S. it’s really hard trying to find someone with Rust experience lol

Rust 1.0 was released 3 years ago, so "at least 3 years of experience" limits your hiring pool basically to just people who helped create Rust itself.

9 Likes

To add, a lot of people will automatically reject these job ads on the premise that if the person/company posted such requirements, then they don't know what they're doing :slight_smile:.

9 Likes

Well, at least it's not 8 years, then only Graydon Hoare would've had enough experience. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks guys for the advice and thanks for everyone who sent me a PM. I’ll be responding momentarily.

P.S. looking at my PM’s I’m seeing that most ppl don’t have 3 yrs experience lol with that being said if you don’t have 3 yrs of experience you can still apply lol

I don't mean to be rude, but that is not a very professional sentence (two "lol"s, three additional sms-style abbreviations, and no period) for a recruiter. I realize this is a web forum and not a headhunting email, but you are trying to attract professional talent, aren't you?

Also, did you not read the above comments explaining why three years' experience in Rust is not very reasonable? I would recommend looking for people with 3 years experience in some kind of systems or security-related programming; this is more important than having used Rust specifically for three years.

6 Likes

Sorry I’ve offended you, Batman. Thanks for your input.

Thanks to everyone that has expressed interest. I have replied to all PM’s.

(I have taken the liberty to add "recruiting" to the topic title, and shifting this out of #help, to make it more clear to readers what they are opening.)

1 Like