Rust-analyzer vscode failing

I created a new folder and did a cargo init in it and now rust-analyzer won't work in it. The error is something having to do with Javascript (which makes sense considering: Electron), but the error is useless to me in trying to fix the problem. So obviously rust-analyzer doesn't work, but neither do any of the auto-completion, hints, highlighting, etc.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

ERROR [2/28/2022, 5:45:57 AM]: Bootstrap error [Error: Failed to execute /home/newuser/.vscode/extensions/matklad.rust-analyzer-0.2.956/server/rust-analyzer --version
	at Xb (/home/newuser/.vscode/extensions/matklad.rust-analyzer-0.2.956/out/main.js:85:2121)
	at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
	at async Bb (/home/newuser/.vscode/extensions/matklad.rust-analyzer-0.2.956/out/main.js:84:3252)
	at async Vm (/home/newuser/.vscode/extensions/matklad.rust-analyzer-0.2.956/out/main.js:84:3083)
	at async Promise.all (index 0)]

What does file /home/newuser/.vscode/extensions/matklad.rust-analyzer-0.2.956/server/rust-analyzer print?

ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, BuildID[sha1]=46a04d32ceb047936f9a2482789d722678906083, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, with debug_info, not stripped

It's likely related to this:

I had similar trouble this morning after updating to the latest rust-analzyer. Following the advice in this response:

helped me sort it out. My setup is decidedly different, but once I convinced my editor to run the rust-analyzer out of nightly everything went smoothly.

Good luck!

That might be. I'm running Debian 10 though.

Not really sure how to do what's required to fix it at the moment though.

I guess I just get to keep running handicapped until they figure it out

I, too, am running Debian 10. The GLIBC it ships with is 2.28. rust-analyzer wants 2.29 at a minimum.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.