Rust-analyzer sometimes stops after syntax validity

In Kate, after getting rust-analyzer up and running, I started working on one of my projects that I know has errors. ... No errors showed up. I could make an obvious syntax error by inserting a semicolon in the middle of something, and that would show up, but it seems that rust-analyzer stopped after checking syntax.

Could anyone help fix this? This is a hurdle preventing me from effectively using this editor.

EDIT: This happens in the same project in VS Code as well. The repo is GitHub - LightningCreations/gravide: WIP IDE for GraviScript.

1 Like

Your IDE should provide a way to access the logs from the plugin (host) and rust-analyzer (server). If rust-analyzer is failing for some reason, there should be context in there.

More likely, though, is that your rust-analyzer plugin for the Kate IDE simply isn't doing enough (potentially just due to configuration). r-a emits very few semantic errors, instead relying on running cargo check (or whatever command you specify, e.g. cargo clippy, or adding --all-features, etc.) whenever the code changes (typically on save).

1 Like

Alright, makes sense.

Both editors started working again after a cargo clean invocation; it would be nice if an error showed up in either editor to indicate that incompatible files were detected.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.