Rust activation

Hello I am seeking some Help. I am new to programing but I really interested in mastering Rust in the next two years.

I have installed rust om my windows 11 PC. When I type the command "rustup update" this is the error message I am receiving:

"C:\Users\XXXX>rustup update

info: syncing channel updates for 'stable-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc'
error: could not download file from 'https://static.rust-lang.org/dist/channel-rust-stable.toml.sha256' to 'C:\Users\XXXXX.rustup\tmp\ixk_rr1oile9wxyh_file'
info: checking for self-updates
error: could not download file from XXXXXX' to 'C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\rustup-update836Y4c\release-stable.toml': failed to make network request: error sending request for url (static.rust-lang.org/rustup/release-stable.toml):

error trying to connect: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (os error 10054): error trying to connect: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (os error 10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (os error 10054).

Any help will be appreciated. :slight_smile:

What are you using for anti-malware? McAfee?

Could it be some issues with firewall settings forbidding outgoing connections? Maybe you have some parental controls enabled in your OS, router or internet provider?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.