Request for Review: Rust STL Parser

Hello Rustaceans,

I hope this message finds you well. I am excited to share a Rust project I've been working on and would greatly appreciate your feedback and review.

Project Overview:
I have developed a Rust-based STL file parser and 3D shape generator. This tool can parse both binary and ASCII STL files, and it's capable of generating simple 3D shapes like cubes and cones in STL format.

Getting Started:
You can find the project's source code on my GitHub repository. Detailed usage instructions and documentation are available there.

How You Can Help:
I am looking for feedback on code quality, performance, and any potential bugs or issues you may encounter. Additionally, suggestions for improvements and best practices in Rust are highly valued. Your expertise and insights will be incredibly helpful in refining this project.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Your feedback is highly valuable to me, and I look forward to hearing from the Rust community.

Best regards,
Bohdan.

I have opened up an issue in your repo for some improvement suggestions: [Feedback]Initial opinion · Issue #2 · chb19/stl_parser · GitHub

Overall the project seems pretty fresh, so please do not be discouraged if the feedback is mostly improvement suggestions, I think this has great potential!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.