Yesterday night/today I finished my first larger project in Rust which has been on the top of my 'to-do-stack if I have a quiet minute after work' for quite a while now - now that I have my Christmas vacation, I was able to finish it in a sprint
You can find the code here: https://github.com/dbischof90/craes
It is an asset exchange based on
tokio-0.1. I had this idea already almost two years ago when I started getting into the language a bit deeper and I got quite some help on the Gitter channel on design patterns. Since
async/await is now stable I can port this code to the new code base but, you know, gotta finish something portable first.
I would love to get some feedback on the structure and design decisions I had to make at a few points. Due to not understanding error handling in tokio at all at the beginning, I restarted that projects two or three times I think. I'm fully aware of some compromises I had to take here and there but I think overall the performance should be quite good. As I can't spend nearly as much time with this language as I would love to it took me quite some time to move forward to but that also implies that I think I switch design patterns here and there a bit. If you see something or have some comments, I would very much like to hear them!