Qmlrs - rustlang with QML for GUIs

Greetings, 

I am exploring ways to create a desktop application with a graphical user interface;

Finding this list:

There is qmlrs;

~/rustqml/qmlrs$ cargo run --example factorial
   Compiling qmlrs v0.0.1 (file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs)
     Running target/debug/examples/factorial
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component 
file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs/examples/factorial_ui.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs/examples/factorial_ui.qml:3 module "QtQuick.Layouts" is not installed
file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs/examples/factorial_ui.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs/examples/factorial_ui.qml:3 module "QtQuick.Layouts" is not installed

Seeing that QtQuick is not being found when I run the example; any
ideas, or directions one might be aware of could share this knowledge;

Sincerely,
dallyshalla

~/rustqml/qmlrs$ cargo run --example factorial
Running target/debug/examples/factorial
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
file:///home/dally/rustqml/qmlrs/examples/factorial_ui.qml:2 module “QtQuick.Controls” version 1.2 is not installed

I’ve tried the solution to this by installing many different versions of Qt5 - uninstalling beforehand of course;

Anyone have some idea?

you need exactly Qt 5.3 or fix your qml file to use a newer version: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30010184/qtquick-controls-version-1-2-is-not-installed-when-compiling-the-example-for-q

Yepp, I took the factorial_ui.rs file and changed QtQuickControls to 1.1 and it works :smile: