Plotters - A drawing libarary for plotting

TL;DR: I am creating a drawing library for data visualization. GitHub - plotters-rs/plotters: A rust drawing library for high quality data plotting for both WASM and native, statically and realtimely 🦀 📈🚀

I am a human genetics researcher who primary uses Rust. In the bioinformatics area, people usually use R or Python. But the amount of data is astonishing huge. That is why I love Rust a lot, since it's have powerful iterators, while performance is similar to C/C++.

Sometimes I need to render some figures based on huge amount of data and requires some flexibility. e.g. some intervals on a line chart. But I found there are few plotting libraries, like plotlib. But none of them is flexible enough, that's why I come with the idea: Instead of creating a plotting library, creating a drawing library that supports drawing plot easily. That's pretty much what the repo is for.

I also made the library support WASM and can draw directly on HTML canvas, so I think it may be useful for web-based data visualization as well.

17 Likes

It is quite exciting. Personally, I work with C++, and seems quite quite hard to find a plot library can draw financial data. But you did it with rust.

Just one suggestion, maybe parallel coordinate chart could be supported in future.

Wow. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.