orion is a cryptography library written in pure Rust. It aims to provide easy and usable crypto while trying to minimize the use of unsafe code.
After 8 months since the last major update, I'm very pleased to announce orion has finally reached
Overview of notable changes since the last update (v0.14):
- Focus on improving and stabilizing the API.
- Added support for Argon2i(single-threaded).
- Added support for a pure-Rust implementation of libsodiums secretstream. Thanks to snsmac for driving this effort.
- Major improvements to the testing of the library. This includes a completely new testing framework, constant-time tests running in CI on OSX and Windows, as well as constant-time fuzzing using WASM with sidefuzz in orion-sidefuzz.
- The library is now listed as an alternative to
rust-cryptoin the RustSec advisory database.
- Performance improvements and newly published benchmarks in the wiki to give an overview of the performance that can be expected. Benchmarks include a daily workstation and Raspberry Pi 2.
A huge thanks to the existing and the three new contributors that helped with this release and make the library a lot better!