Not able to open rust-gdb in windows

whenever I try to run this command rust-gdb. It gives this error. error: the 'rust-gdb.exe' binary, normally provided by the 'rustc' component, is not applicable to the 'stable-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc' toolchain.
I seached this error, another user had this same problem. However the solution for it didn't work for me, and it still gives the same error.

I think it's trying to say that GNU gdb won't work with Visual Studio. You can try using Microsoft's debugger with the -msvc target, or switch Rust to use a GNU target:

rustup default stable-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu

It gave the same error but, instead of MSVC, it's now gnu error: the 'rust-gdb.exe' binary, normally provided by the 'rustc' component, is not applicable to the 'stable-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu' toolchain

It should be available when the host doesn't contain the string "windows-msvc" I think.

So, do I've to make some changes on my side or wait for a new updated version from the rust team?

The code is the same for stable, so it should work. Please open an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.