Nom with streaming data an optional line ending

I am using Nom 5.0 to parse some text data. I am trying to use the streaming functions in order to have the possibility of parsing big input data.

I am getting some troubles mixing the concept of optional field and optional line ending for the first line. Imagine something like this:

A,B,C
A,B
C,D

Is it possible to have two or three fields for each line, and the last line does not need a newline. When using the streaming functions, I get an Err::Incomplete when I reach D because I am using something like opt(tuple((streaming::tag(','), field))) to optionally get the third field.

I could use the complete version, but AFAIK I would get a parsing error if my buffer just ended in that position and my stream would contain more data.

I thought that nom::combinator::complete could help me, but I am not able to make it work (it looks like it only works on the parsed being passed, not the inner sub-parsers. Am I wrong?).

Any hint?

How do you know that there isn't more data to be parsed? What if the next bytes you receive are ",E"?

I know it just because the owner of the buffer that uses the parser stores the status of the input stream.

However, I tried to change my way of thinking, and I think I have an idea. My main concern is that I wanted to parse both streaming and complete data with the same parser. But what I probably want is to use the same code, and I can probably do it with a macro.

So, my actual idea is pass the namespace (streaming or complete) to a custom macro in order to create two very similar parsers. What do you think?