New release of tinyset

I've just published a release of tinyset which fixes an undefined behavior issue reported to me by BlackHoleFox. I've also added a number of miri tests using Github actions. I'm very grateful to BlackHoleFox for reviewing my crate and discovering the issue.

I also wanted to be sure to mention to anyone else working with unsafe code that it turns out to be not too hard to run at least a subset of your tests under miri, which can detect a variety of undefined behavior situations that may not manifest as problems under the current compiler (but are nevertheless very serious, as undefined behavior always is). In my case, I created two overlapping mutable references. Only one of them actually accessed the overlapping memory, which is why I didn't think there was a problem. And as a result it wasn't hard to fix: I just needed to make the one data structure smaller to remove the overlap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.