Need help writing tests for mdBook

Hi there,

Lately I have been working on a new project: mdBook

I already presented it on reddit some time ago. It's essentially a clone of gitbook or rustbook.
I started this project because rustbook is deeply entangled with the rest of rust's code base and it's therefore nearly impossible to use for personal projects. Also rustbook offers no possible customization. And that's why I started mdBook.

I have an online doc rendered with mdBook available, you can see how it looks like.

At this point I think I am nearly ready to publish a first version to crates.io but I would like to write some decent tests first and maybe get the code reviewed a little bit. My problem is that I have literally never written a test of my life, so any advice and help is welcome. :smile:

FWIW rustbook gets the job done for me on GitHub - rust-unofficial/too-many-lists: Learn Rust by writing Entirely Too Many linked lists

I imagine most of the tests would have to be input-output ref-tests -- consider checking out what rustdoc does: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/tree/master/src/test/rustdoc

I am impressed, but like you mention in your Readme, you have to build rust from source.. That is not very convenient :wink: And you can't really customize the output, if I am not mistaken.

I took a look at the rustdoc tests you pointed me to, but honestly I don't really understand how they work. I will try to find other reference projects that have good tests. Thanks anyway for the link!