My Rust program wins CodeCup 2024

CodeCup 2024 is an annual AI programming competition and this year it was won by my Rust entry. In the previous years winners were always C++ or C programs. Final standings.

56 Likes

Congrats, @tczajka!

5 Likes

Congratulations!

I'm guessing your source code is secret since it's a competition, but are there any interesting details in the implementation you want to share?

What rust features did you find the most useful?
What did you find frustrating that rust could improve on?
How was debugging? How was testing?

2 Likes

It's not secret, I published it after the competition ended: github. I've also written up a description of my approach.

A somewhat constraining thing was that the submission needed to be self-contained, so I couldn't use external dependencies. I suppose I could have copied code from them, but I ended up writing everything I needed from scratch.

18 Likes

Congratulations, man!

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada::partying_face: Nice achievement for you and the Rust community!

2 Likes

Congratulations! well done

1 Like

Congrats! :tada::balloon::confetti_ball: As an aside my last name ‘Chike’is an anglicized version of your proto-Slavic last name. :nerd_face:
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Chayka#English

1 Like

Congrats, @tczajka!

1 Like

Congrats, @tczajka! This is a great achievement, and your description of the solution was a nice read!

1 Like

Congratulations! The Rust community is lucky to have such a bright mind among us. Not only you constantly help on the forums (btw thanks again for helping me with my bitfield impl), you also promote Rust in the best way possible: by sharing good code.

1 Like

Pretty impressive! Congratulations! :1st_place_medal: :star2: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.