Lumen project seeking talented Rust engineers interested in WASM

I'm one of the organizers for the Lumen project. The Lumen team is rebuilding the Erlang/BEAM VM with an AOT compiler in Rust: GitHub - GetFirefly/firefly: An alternative BEAM implementation, designed for WebAssembly

We're at the point now that we need additional help to implement the many BIFs that will be required for the runtime: Issues · GetFirefly/firefly · GitHub

The newest issue is a particular interesting one / challenge with implementing ETS (Erlang Term Storage) I suggest checking it out (would link directly but I cannot use more than two links)

Our team has weekly standups, we record all sessions and publish for the public. This is probably the most ambitious project related to Functional Programing and Web Assembly out there considering our design goals of keeping (mostly) compatibility with existing Erlang/Elixir libraries and getting a binary size that will be reasonable for the web.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.