Looking for feedback on Meadow, an experimental robotics-focused middleware

Over the past couple years, I've slowly been chipping away at a project called Meadow: GitHub - quietlychris/meadow: Publish/request middleware for robotics applications, with a focus on ease-of-use

It's an experimental robotics-focused networking middleware; basically, if you have a piece of data in one program or thread, and want to get it into other programs or threads, Meadow aims to be an easy and performant way to make that happen. I'm a user of this project myself, mostly in developmental robotics work, but I expect folks that are working in robotics, IoT, or other fields where messaging is important might also find it useful. Meadow should support any serde-compatible data, has TCP, UDP, and QUIC-based transport options, and has some intuitive configuration based on typestates. It's not currently published on crates.io, although I'm hoping to get a 0.1 release up at some point over the next few months.

I'm particularly interested in getting feedback from other users; if anyone has an interest in using something like this and comes across bugs, unexpected behaviour, or has suggestions on how to improve the quality of the codebase, please feel free to create an issue or make a PR in the repo. Thank you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.