Looking for a pair-programming buddy in contributing to Rust

I'm looking for a pair-programming partner for regular contribution to the Rust toolchain.

What you get from it:

Proven experience, good time and motivation.

What I get from it:

The same.

I am an Israeli living in Thailand, speaking fluent English. So, Bangkok time zone, daytime, flexible.

I'm a lifetime computer nerd, long time open source user and ~5 years web developer, depending how you count.

Hi, what is it exactly that you're looking for?

I'm trying to increase my competency as a programmer, i can do a few things here and there, but I'd like to build a portfolio that is undeniable. I need a bit of leadership because I feel like I don't really know what I'm doing.

I'd be sharing my screen and we'd be reading some issue/RFC together and then think of how to implement it. Probably begin by reading through the existing code, figuring out the architecture and then thinking of a possible implementation, in general. Then, we may share that in the issue/RFC and wait for responses. And so on.

Dude, I am down!!

You can see what I've done here: arifd.github.io

Get in touch if you want to take this to the next step, have an online meeting or something.

Cheers,
Arif

1 Like

PM sent

Dear Sir

I just saw your post for contributing. I would very much enjoy trying this to see if it works.

I have 15 years development experience (C/C++) from 1988-2003 and am trying to rebuild my resume to renter the industry in 2-3 years.

Thank you for the post
Steve

Sent you a private message.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.