Learning resource for implementing REST services in Rust

For the last couple of weeks I've been learning how to implement REST services in Rust using a variety of frameworks. Many people on the forum have been very helpful in answering my questions. I would not have been able to get these working without your help!

I've collected all of it in one repo (https://github.com/mvolkmann/rust-rest) to help others learn how to use actix-web, rocket, tide, and warp. I think this will be a valuable resource because it shows how to implement the same common patterns of REST services across all of these. I even included implementations in Node.js (using express) and Deno (using oak). Maybe I'll add more in the future.

The benchmark directory contains a Rust-based test that verify the operation of the currently running server. It also contains a benchmarking program that I use to compare the performance of these frameworks.

I hope others find this useful. Any feedback on this is welcome. And thanks again for all the help!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.