I can't post to Discord

Hey folks, sorry for posting here, but my post is about how I can’t seem to post to the place that I think would be more appropriate for this.

I just joined the Rust Discord server, but I can’t post to any room but #welcome. This seems like it would be a good question for the #meta room, but I can’t post there :slight_smile:

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong because I haven’t used Discord before, but I can’t figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated!

You should have gotten a DM with instructions from the bot Dyno as soon as you joined. Look above the rust icon on the channel list (left hand side on PC) for Dyno’s avatar (the blue and white icon seen here).

If you don’t see it, you may have already opened it and clicked out of it. Click on the Discord icon to show a full list of DMS, including those already read.

(On mobile: tap the hamburger menu to see the channel list, and then tap the top left icon with three silhouettes to see messages)

Awesome! Thank you so much! I think I did what you said and clicked out of it so I lost the notification.

In case this is useful to anyone else: the message from the Dyno bot says to write ?talk in the #welcome channel in order to accept the Code of Conduct before being able to talk.

Indeed, but I would include the link to what the user is agreeing to:

Yep, thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.