How to implement In-App Purchases (IAP) using Tauri on MacOS

I am using the Tauri framework to develop an application and I want to publish it on the Mac App Store. However, I need to implement in-app purchase (IAP) functionality. Apple requires virtual goods to be purchased only through IAP and does not allow third-party payment methods.

I found a Rust library called icrate, which is for Objective-C. I can refer to the Objective-C code in cordova-plugin-purchase for guidance. The approach is to use icrate to translate the Objective-C code from cordova-plugin-purchase.

I encountered an issue right at the beginning, which you can see here: How to use `SKProductsRequest.setDelegate()`? · Issue #527 · madsmtm/objc2 · GitHub

I apologize for being a web front-end developer and being new to Rust. I haven't finished reading the official documentation yet. Could someone please help me with this? :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

I am sorry to say that I cannot help you. I sincerely hope someone here can. But, I just needed to tell you that when I saw...

... I had an immediate mental picture of a medieval city, with a young man in business casual attire, slumped against a rough stone wall in one of the town's less well maintained alleyways, begging bowl in hand next to a sign reading "Will Integrate Blockchain For Food".

"Mommy, how do you make chains out of blocks?" asks a little boy, wandering closer to the dishevelled man, only to be yanked back hastily by his mother.

"Stay away from them, Timmy," she says, pulling him back to the safety of the main street. "You don't know what tech stacks they've been using. You might catch NPM."

Much amusement was had. Thank you, and I hope you get your problem resolved. :slight_smile:

(P.S. Don't worry about it. I learned to program in BASIC, so according to Dijkstra I'm a lost cause.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.