How do I use perf.rust-lang.org to show long-term trends?

I like the idea of perf.rust-lang.org. The interface looks straightforward enough, and it's clearly pretty full-featured.

But I can't seem to load any graphs showing useful long-term data. This search shows me a warning about the variance markings, but nothing else; while the linked query in this post never loads for me.

I've verified that uBlock Origin isn't blocking anything. What am I missing? If the data must be generated on-request, is there some way to determine what queries are already cached?

Is this what you're looking for?

https://perf.rust-lang.org/dashboard.html

1 Like

Yes! Thank you.

Any idea why my queries aren't loading, though?

And is there an explanation somewhere of what "baseline incremental" means as opposed to "patched incremental"?

I'm not sure. Perhaps open an issue on GitHub - rust-lang/rustc-perf: Website for graphing performance of rustc?

And is there an explanation somewhere of what “baseline incremental” means as opposed to “patched incremental”?

IIRC baseline incremental refers to an incremental build from scratch (ie rm -rf target/ && cargo build) and patched incremental refers to an incremental build with an small change somewhere in the create (usually adding a println!() somewhere).