since the linux and mac builds well, I think it's probably a problem related to their CI pipeline configuration instead of rust, but just to be sure, did you try to build the package locally on a windows machine?
I don't know about conda-forge, but simply checking the log, I found the following lines:
(base) %SRC_DIR%>call "%SRC_DIR%\conda_test_env_vars.bat"
(base) %SRC_DIR%>set "CONDA_SHLVL=" &&
(base) %SRC_DIR%>conda activate "%PREFIX%"
(%PREFIX%) %SRC_DIR%>IF 0 NEQ 0 exit /B 1
(%PREFIX%) %SRC_DIR%>call "%SRC_DIR%\run_test.bat"
(%PREFIX%) %SRC_DIR%>if not exist %PREFIX%\\bin\\hstatus.exe exit 1
Tests failed for aitch-v0.2.0-h975169c_0.conda - moving package to C:\bld\broken
WARNING:conda_build.build:Tests failed for aitch-v0.2.0-h975169c_0.conda - moving package to C:\bld\broken
TESTS FAILED: aitch-v0.2.0-h975169c_0.conda
##[error]Cmd.exe exited with code '1'.
thanks for your help. yes, i have gotten everything to work locally on windows. am completely stumped as to what the problem is with conda-forge's CI pipeline.
i saw those lines too, but think the problem is further up in that same log file:
No files or script found for output aitch
WARNING:conda_build.build:No files or script found for output aitch
number of files: 0
well, if there were no output but the build phase didn't error out, the most probable reason might be that your build script didn't run at all! and the CI envionment falls through the testing phase. you can confirm this by intentionally fail in the build script and see if the CI fails at build step or testing step.
whatever reason it might be, you'd better consult a conda-forge expert. I think you will get better help from conda-forge forum than a rust centric forum. I'm not complaining, just a suggestion.