I just realized that there is another bug that might be realted, although i'm not sure. This code:
executes correctly but this:
also locks up, like the formatter. Every String shorter than 7 characters works fine, everything longer than that halts. Looking at it now that would sort of support the heap theory, though i still don't know what exactly the problem would be.
Well, it only took me 3 years but i think i finally found the bug. The aarch64-unknown-none target has a feature called +strict-align. After enabling it, everything seems to work as it should. I really hope nobody else has to go through the pain of debugging this. I am beyond happy that it's finally working, thank you! ^^
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.