Filling PDF AcroForm Fields

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a project where I need to fill AcroForm fields in a PDF template. I know this can be done using the setText function of the "pdf-lib" node package, but I'm looking for a way to achieve the same functionality in Rust.

I've already tried a couple of solutions mentioned in a previous thread (link to thread), but unfortunately, I haven't had much success. The crates pdf_form (link to crate) and pdf_forms (link to crate) seem a bit outdated. They either don't work on some PDF templates (issue link) or the new field value only appear when clicking the field.

I'm collaborating with @s3bk to explore possibilities using the pdf crate (link to crate), but I'm also on the lookout for other options. Has anyone come across any other Rust libraries or methods that could help with this? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time and help.

1 Like

I have been attempting a very similar thing with the libraries you mentioned above but have not been successful. I would be very interested to see if you manage to find a working solution.