Ezlua's dependencies fail to compile when targeting mips-nintendo64-none

I'm having an issue where several crates required by ezlua are failing to compile due to common standard types not being in scope. I looked at the code for serde and it's module importing seems sound. I have disabled the std feature of ezlua, but

Here's an excerpt from the log

error[E0432]: unresolved import `self::core::cell`
   --> /home/epb/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/serde-1.0.197/src/lib.rs:181:25
    |
181 |     pub use self::core::cell::{Cell, RefCell};
    |                         ^^^^ could not find `cell` in `core`
.....
error[E0412]: cannot find type `Result` in this scope
   --> /home/user/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/serde-1.0.197/src/private/de.rs:431:52
    |
431 |         fn visit_string<F>(self, value: String) -> Result<Self::Value, F>
    |                                                    ^^^^^^ not found in this scope
    |

Here's a bare repo that can be used to reproduce the issue. After downloading, clone with --recurse-submodules. I set it up like this so I don't have to upload an entire development toolchain ezlua-bug.git.tar.gz It also contains full logs but you don't need --recurse-submodules to read those. If you can think of a better way to share the files or need more information please tell me