Entering User Input to program in VSCode Debugger

I’ve been able to get LLDB working in VSCode to debug Rust but when my program needs to take user input via the terminal, I cannot get past this part of my program because it is trying to take user input from the Debug console which is listening for debugger commands to LLDB rather than input for my program.

I’ve tried setting "externalTerminal" : "true", false, and also tried externalConsole in launch.json but it doesn’t appear to have any effect. Has anyone dealt with this before?07%20PM

Generally, I would say that you don’t need CLI input to test a specific piece of code. The CLI should happen at the outer layer of your application and then pass inputs inside.
Now, if you do it that way, you can test the inner code with a unit test and pass any data from the test, which would otherwise come from the CLI input. If you do it that way, you can test and debug the code without requiring CLI input.

The outer layer of your code that is concerned with external input should be very thin and simple.

You need to set "terminal":"integrated".

There’s the answer.

Thank you! Surprised at the number of different variables here but this is the one I was looking for.