EndBASIC 0.9 - now with public file sharing

Hello everyone!

Several months have passed since my last announcement of this project, so I guess it's time for a new one now that I published the 0.9 release.

For context, EndBASIC is a BASIC interpreter and DOS-like environment that runs on the desktop and on the web and that tries to recreate the computing experience of the 1980s. There is also a cloud service to offer file sharing capabilities among users and with the public. Both the interpreter and the cloud service are fully written in Rust -- which is in part why deploying the interpreter to the web was rather easy thanks to WASM! :slight_smile:

This new release brings major changes to the cloud service, allowing you to launch any publicly-shared program with a simple click on a URL. As an example, click on jmmv/bounce.bas to launch a little graphical animation and then press ESC to explore.

You can read more about this new release in EndBASIC 0.9: Run shared demos easily - Julio Merino (jmmv.dev) or visit the project's website at https://www.endbasic.dev/

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.