Easily switch between hiding and showing unused_code warnings?

#[allow(unused)] works for a single function but..

Is there a way to enable this for all of a single project inline to the code itself (without env variables)?

Specifically I'm using VSCode with RLS support which uses rustc to check for errors(for which I can't easily change environment variables) and when first prototyping dead code warnings can be both pervasive and can hide actual bugs, but when I'm ready to clean up the dead wood I want to be able to switch out by just deleting one or two lines of code

1 Like

Attributes can also be written like #![allow(unused)] to affect their outer scope, rather than the following item. You can use this at the top of your crate to disable the warning for the whole crate.

2 Likes

That works, thanks!

I'm now looking for a way to do the same with RUST_BACKTRACE=1, are these documented anywhere? I've done some searches but google doesn't seem to index the characters #!

I'm not aware of any attribute for RUST_BACKTRACE, only the environment variable. Have you checked if VSCode has a setting for this?

I haven't looked deep into it yet. I just keep seeing mentions on various rust forums that seem to indicate there's some way to set environment variables with something in # or #! and wondered if I was interpreting this correctly, sounds like maybe not