E0433 - I really need some help

Hey guys sorry to bother but ı really need some help. I am new at programming language and ı was trying to learn a little bit not much. I try to install rust but there is such a problem. I will gonna try to explain.

I installed rust with the code which is in rust website and ı press the default settings. So everything okay from this. After that ı try to install moonbeam, ı put "git clone -b v0.14.2" then ı try to run node cargo build --release so there will be an error like that error[E0433]: failed to resolve: could not find arch in self --> is there anybody can help me to solve this because ı try to solve it but ı do not find a way to solve. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

It would probably be easier if you could post the full error message. More information is more helpful. You can post text from the terminal by wrapping it in ```text and ``` as follows

```text
paste text output
right here
```

which will render as

paste text output
right here

Searching for similar problems online, this may be related to some platform not being supported (possibly a dependency raw-cpuid not working on ARM, e.g. on the Apple M1). What kind of platform / device are you compiling on? What’s the output of running “rustup show”? (In particular the line “Default host: …”?)

1 Like

thanks for your time.

this is the error message

" Compiling httparse v1.5.1

Compiling signal-hook v0.3.9

error[E0433] : failed to resolve: could not find arch in self

--> /Users/furkanyilmaz/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/raw-cpuid-10.2.0/src/lib.rs:80:37

|

80 | let result = unsafe { self::arch::__cpuid_count(a, c) };

| ^^^^ could not find arch in self

Compiling pin-project-internal v0.4.28

Compiling async-lock v2.4.0

For more information about this error, try rustc --explain E0433.

error : could not compile raw-cpuid due to previous error

warning : build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...

error : build failed

furkanyilmaz@192 moonbeam %"

My device is Macbook Air (M1,2020)

installed toolchains

--------------------

stable-aarch64-apple-darwin (default)

nightly-2021-09-10-aarch64-apple-darwin

active toolchain

----------------

stable-aarch64-apple-darwin (default)

rustc 1.56.1 (59eed8a2a 2021-11-01)

Make sure to use ```s as I explained in order to produce a properly readable message. In any case, it seems to be the same issue as the one that I (now) linked above

The relevant conclusion for now seems to be

Looks like we can build and run version 0.13.2 but not the 0.14.0 for now, on arm.

So I guess you could consider/try using version 0.13.2?

1 Like

Thank you for information and link. I am trying to follow it but when ı try to put mkdir /opt/moonbeam it says permission denied. Do you know how to solve this ı try some reserach but could not find it. If you help me with that too ı really appreciate it

Oh I assumed you'd just do git checkout v0.13.2 in the repository you already had cloned, not necessarily follow the same procedure as the person on that issue did.

1 Like

I really appreciate it. It solved when ı install v0.13.2 instead of v0.14.2. Thank you so much for your time and answer all my questions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.