DTMF U8 buffer => command parser

Hello Community,
I'm a noob to rust and still finding my feet in development so please go easy on me.

I'm using gstreamer-rs bindings and receiving a bus message from an element 'dtmfdetect' in a simple appsrc pipeline.

The bus message is called dtmf-event where the message is a char 0-15 decimal which corresponds to the DTMF tone detected in the audio stream. my dtmf array ('0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,#,*')

I'd use a u8 however, I need to send so call dtmf digit as a u8 via a socket across a local network to a server app to process concatenate each u8 into a dtmf message buffer and on a 'VALID' message do something.

More detail:-
Each digit is added to a dtmf buffer and matched to see if there is a matching DTMF command. Once one is matched, a corresponding function fn(?) is executed.

The dtmf can be any thing from '#' clear buffer to xxx# through to xxxxxxx# hence message are acted apon with once receiving the '#' at the end of the buffer.

To make things a little more difficult, I need to have an inter dtmf digit timer to time-out and clear the buffer if the full dtmf command isn't received by (x seconds) assume 10 seconds?

1. Has anyone done anything like this before and willing to show me how?
    2.. Should I use a Vec<_> (vector) and slice as the dtmf buffer or should I opted with the dequeue crate to allow working with a buffer over threads?

Any comments welcome?

Sonny

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.