Database access with rust

Good morning,
I am new to Rust and am testing out a few crates. I want to write a basic web app with a database and am wondering what crates Rustaceans are using? Rocket and Diesel seem interesting but it does not support my only requirement of connecting to an MS SQL Server database.
Any recommendations?
Rohan

This is the first Google hit for "Rust MS SQL client". Would it work for you?

Thanks, H2CO3. I tried tiberius but kept on getting errors. Could not get any of the online examples to work. I solved most of the errors but gave up here:

Compiling tiberius v0.7.1
error[E0433]: failed to resolve: use of undeclared type `NtlmSspiBuilder`
   --> ...\.cargo\registry\src\github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823\tiberius-0.7.1\src\client\connection.rs:261:34
    |
261 |                 let mut client = NtlmSspiBuilder::new()
    |                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ use of undeclared type `NtlmSspiBuilder`

error[E0599]: no variant or associated item named `windows` found for enum `auth::AuthMethod` in the current scope
   --> ...\.cargo\registry\src\github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823\tiberius-0.7.1\src\client\config.rs:252:37
    |
252 |                 _ => Ok(AuthMethod::windows(user.unwrap_or(""), pw.unwrap_or(""))),
    |                                     ^^^^^^^ variant or associated item not found in `auth::AuthMethod`
    |
   ::: ...\.cargo\registry\src\github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823\tiberius-0.7.1\src\client\auth.rs:51:1
    |
51  | pub enum AuthMethod {
    | ------------------- variant or associated item `windows` not found here

Some errors have detailed explanations: E0433, E0599.
For more information about an error, try `rustc --explain E0433`.
error: could not compile `tiberius` due to 2 previous errors

I am compiling and working on Windows. I tried your suggestions but still could not get it to work. I then wrote a Python script to pull the data from MSSQL and convert it to a database format Diesel can work with, so now I am trying that route. Thanks for your help though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.