Creating and using multiple loggers

Hello, I’m trying to use fern for logging, and cannot find out how to get more than one logger working. Initializing the main logger is easy and straightforward, since there is a simple function that enables the use of macros such as info!() or debug!(). The thing is that I need to use more than one log, for which I do the following:

let log_path = format!("data/logs/GSM/Battery.{}.log",
                           time::now_utc()
                               .strftime("%Y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S")
                               .unwrap());
    let logger = fern::DispatchConfig {
                     format: Box::new(|msg: &str,
                                       level: &log::LogLevel,
                                       _location: &log::LogLocation| {
                         format!("[{}][{}] {}",
                                 time::now_utc().strftime("%Y-%m-%d][%H:%M:%S").unwrap(),
                                 level,
                                 msg)
                     }),
                     output: vec![fern::OutputConfig::file(&log_path)],
                     level: log::LogLevelFilter::Info,
                 }
                 .into_fern_logger()
                 .unwrap();

The problem is that I don’t know how to use that Logger. It requires a message, a log level and a log::LogLocation which I don’t know how to generate. The other possible option, creating a log::Log has another problem: it needs a log::LogRecord that I don’t know how to generate either. What can I do?

LogRecord and LogLocation can only be created by the log crate internals. I am not familiar with fern, but you’d presumably want to use the init_global_logger function and then use the macros provided by the log crate to generate messages.

I just received a reply from the creator of the library and it seems it’s not possible to do multiple loggers at the same time :confused: No worries, I’ll implement another thing :slightly_smiling: