Crate of the Week

Please nominate & vote for our crates of the week! Previous week’s crates (in alphabetical order) were:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt tempfile toml winapi

I’d like to nominate Pencil as I love the API.

rustful

Don’t have much to say as I’ve never used it, personally, but they’ve been faithful consumers of multipart for some time now and I want to show my appreciation.

json_macros

A tidy little compiler-plugin for building serde_json::Value trees at compile-time.

I’d like to nominate leftpad . :wink:

Please nominate & vote for our crates of the week! Previous week’s crates (in alphabetical order) were:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt rustful tempfile toml winapi

I’d like to nominate gcc, which despite the name fronts the native C compiler of any platform. It makes it really easy to compile C and include it into your project.

capnproto-rust

An implementation of a crazy-fast cerealization framework for a crazy-fast programming language. I was able to get up and running with it very quickly, and documentation has improved heaps since early versions.

owning_ref seems to be a hidden gem?

That list is incomplete (it’s missing serde at least).

array_tool

Fully documented crate with methods for:

Vector: (unique, join, times, intersect, union, shift, unshift)
str: (justify, indexed-char-replacement, word-wrap)

More methods to come. :smiley:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gcc gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom owning_ref preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt rustful serde tempfile toml winapi

(Oh, and @stebalien was right; serde was missing from that list)

Can I nominate petgraph again?

I’d like to for all the same reasons as last time :slight_smile:

ArrayVec provides a wrapper around arrays to give them an interface that resembles Vec. This is really useful since it means you can embed arrays in your structs without yet more indirection and allocations.

rustgeo which provides geo primitives in a way that makes it easy to extend/reuse for different purposes.

I’d like to nominate specs. It’s a parallel Entity-Component System that is now mature enough to be used in heavy-load applications. It stands out in front of other ECS variants by being natively parallel, providing highly ergonomic interface, and crashing everything else on ecs_bench.

It’s also really handy that ArrayVec implements IntoIterator, since plain arrays do not.
(I tried to add that in PR32871, but they want integer generics first for the stable interface.)

We should probably relist all the nominations with a like each time. Just cause it wasn’t picked before doesn’t mean if should be forgotten :wink:

alias arrayvec cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gcc gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom owning_ref preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt rustful serde tempfile toml winapi

pkg-config makes writing Rust crates that use Linux-ish system libraries reasonable.