Crate of the Week

i'd like to self-nominate faer, a linear algebra library written in pure Rust, with a focus on correctness, portability, and high performance that matches or surpasses the commonly used C/C++ libraries.

12 Likes

I'd like to self-nominate diesel-oci, a diesel backend and connection implementation for oracle databases.

1 Like

I'd like to self-nominate cargo-rdme: a cargo command to create your README from your crate’s documentation (which supports intralinks by linking to docs.rs).

3 Likes

I'd like to self-nominate git-leave, a minimal cli that explores a folder to find repositories with unsaved changes or commits that are not yet pushed to their origin. You can also specify a kind of global projects folder in your git configuration to have a quick look at your repos.

A custom memory allocator that enables profiling memory usage of Rust programs:

6 Likes

I would like to self-nominate scraper, a crate for HTML parsing and querying with CSS selectors. BTW, we have just released a new version (0.14.0)

2 Likes

picst - A cross-platform CLI tool to resize clipboard images on the fly

1 Like

I would like to self-nominate Sniffnet, a cross-platform GUI application to analyze your network traffic with ease.

sniffnet_run_example

8 Likes

typed-sled, a typed wrapper for sled (Rust embedded DB).

I'd like to nominate cloudmqtt - "A simple and straightforward to use MQTT client/server [library in/for Rust]"

(Partly self-nominate, as I am a contributor).

There's a new lru crate on the scene and it's fast: https://crates.io/crates/schnellru

4 Likes

I'd like to nominate https://crates.io/crates/moka.

It makes adding a cache to e.g. a web service very simple by providing types for both sync and async usage, as well as providing the common knobs that you want to have (max cache size, TTL-based eviction, size-aware eviction, etc.)

I'd like to nominate syntactic-for, which is a syntactic "for" loop Rust macro.

3 Likes

Darkbird !!!

Full featured in-memory document oriented storage
also supports FullText Search operation

1 Like

Self-nomination, again. :grin: Two times my larger crates have won but this new crate is tiny. :thinking:

cargo-my-bin is a tiny and handy plugin for Cargo displaying the contents of ~/.cargo/bin/.

Today, I released v0.2.0 enhancing its documentation and functionality: it can now constrain the output to a specific type of crates such as Cargo plugins (--plugins) or crates installed by default (--default).

I wrote cargo-my-bin because:

(1) I wanted a handy tool listing installed crates working faster than the available updaters, which -at least on my system- have a several-seconds-long delay.

(2) Typing 'cargo my-bin' is so much simpler than typing 'ls $HOME/.cargo/bin'.

(3) With time, I can implement lots of handy features, such like sorting, etc.

1 Like

A collection of pure-Rust audio decoders for many common formats, with performance competitive with ffmpeg:

18 Likes

My library and binaries for the reading, creating, and modification of SquashFS file systems: backhand

I never knew about the existence of nextest, and it looks pretty nifty. So I'm nominating that.

A simple and synchronous web framework, URL routing with plain fn pointer, and optional Template and Database feature supported.

Darkbird 4.0.0 !!!

Full featured in-memory document oriented storage
also supports

@ FullText Search operation

@ Materialized View

@ Migration

@ Rich Indexing

1 Like