Crate of the Week

transfer: 'Transfer' is to 'move' what 'Clone' is to 'copy'

2 Likes

genawaiter: Use generators on stable Rust

3 Likes

Could we show MeiliDB, an instant, relevant and typo-tolerant search engine?

1 Like

Given the announcement of the Bytecode Alliance around WebAssembly, could we perhaps highlight wasmtime or cranelift?

14 Likes

I hope it's okay to submit my own work: what, a cli network bandwidth dashboard and logger.

5 Likes

Yes it's absolutely OK to submit your own work! Nice tool btw :wink:

1 Like

rerast - A tool for transforming Rust code using rules.

7 Likes

arraygen: Derive for generating arrays from struct fields.

Haven't yet tried it myself, but thiserror looks quite useful. It's a crate for deriving Error, Display, and From traits for error types that is API compatible with implementing those traits by hand.
Noticed it due to this WASI pull request.

@llogiq intended for week of Dec 3 since it's too late for this week.

2 Likes

joinery: String joining, done generically. Also useful for adding separators between elements in an iterator.

4 Likes

funtime: A small proc-macro helper to time every statement in a given function

1 Like

ambassador: Delegation of trait implementations via procedural macros

2 Likes

proc-macro-hack: Procedural macros in expression position

fallible-iterator: "Fallible" iterators for Rust.

1 Like

StaticVec: kind of like a const generics version of SmallVec or ArrayVec, with a crazy amount of features

4 Likes

That looks cool! I'm really hoping 2020 is the year const generics are finally stabilized.

6 Likes

Me too! Although it's kinda weird to think about because it means that some really heavily used crates like typenum will just become completely pointless overnight...

1 Like

transmogrify: Experimental crate for zero-cost downcasting for limited runtime specialization

join: Macros which provide useful shortcut combinators, combine sync/async chains, support single and multi thread (sync/async) step by step execution of branches, transform tuple of results to result of tuple.

1 Like

pixels: A tiny hardware-accelerated pixel frame buffer

2 Likes