Crate of the Week

I'd like to suggest async-mesos-rs, an asynchronous client for Apache Mesos scheduler events, that I've written.

Suggestion: noisy_float.

It was mentioned in the (quite popular) Reddit thread after the last Chucklefish game.

A quote from /u/kyrenn:

You know what, I was actually unaware of noisy_float, that actually looks like almost exactly what I wanted. It even implements all the important num_traits traits, including the Float trait. I actually wish I knew about this before, thank you for showing me that!

10 Likes

I want to nominate crowbook.

Crowbook's aim is to allow you to write a book in Markdown without worrying about formatting or typography, and let the program generate HTML, PDF and EPUB output for you.

3 Likes

orz: an optimized ROLZ data-compressor written in rust

2 Likes

derive_more: Some more derive(Trait) options

3 Likes

Ditto - CRDTs (conflict-free replicated data types) for common data structures like maps, vecs, sets, text, and JSON.

3 Likes

I'd like to nominate fui (again?) - the 0.8.0 release happened just a few minutes ago.

4 Likes

For next time I would like to nominate tempus_fugit, a tiny library to easily measure the wall clock time of any expression. In addition, it can also be used to trivially display the collected data in human-readable form.

1 Like

Hi @JoeyAcc, the crate link for tempus_fugit is lacking in documentation. Also, there are no links to source code. Is it open-source?

I would like to nominate shiplift - a library for talking to the docker daemon (which I'm doing a major overhaul for currently).

2 Likes

Yes, it has a BSD-style license.
I'll update the documentation when I can, likely that will be this weekend.

Just a note on etiquette, it's nicer to make clear when nominating one's own work, e.g. by saying "I'd like to nominate (my own) crate some_crate... ".
Doing so avoids the appearance of advertising, but still allows authors to spotlight their (very useful!) work.

For announcing projects, major releases, etc, we of course also have the #announcements category, where all forms of self-advertisement are allowed and expected :wink:

3 Likes

Ah, I wasn't aware of the #announcements category. Noted :slight_smile:

Have to say svgbob looks pretty cool ( https://github.com/ivanceras/svgbobrus ) unless we've had it already for crate of the week? Svg images in rust docs generated from text would be a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Rain - a Rust based distributed computational framework for processing of large-scale task-based pipelines.

6 Likes

im - Blazing fast immutable collection datatypes for Rust.

(Originally nominated in last year, but not yet published. Renominating.)

6 Likes

nah, @nasa42 don't do that! Now I'm in conflict which to like. :frowning:

2 Likes

Very fast and robust SVG optimizer:

https://github.com/RazrFalcon/svgcleaner

3 Likes

unidecode converts text to ASCII very well. Edit: I've forked it and added Emoji support!.

assert_eq!(unidecode("Æneid"), "AEneid");
assert_eq!(unidecode("étude"), "etude");
assert_eq!(unidecode("北亰"), "Bei Jing");
assert_eq!(unidecode("ᔕᓇᓇ"), "shanana");
assert_eq!(unidecode("げんまい茶"), "genmaiCha ");
13 Likes

human-panic - Panic messages for humans.

9 Likes