Crate of the Week

I noticed my little cool project svgbob has been used in asciidoctor
and here

It would be great if svgbob could be incorporated into rustdocs as well, so we can incorporate ascii diagrams inline with code comments.

Hey. As suggested by @ThisWeekInRust on Twitter, I’m submitting the Vigil crate here: vigil-server

Notice: I’m the crate owner.

From the crate description:

Microservices Status Page. Monitors a distributed infrastructure and sends alerts to Slack.

Vigil is an open-source Status Page you can host on your infrastructure, used to monitor all your servers and apps, and visible to your users (on a domain of your choice, eg.

It is useful in microservices contexts to monitor both apps and backends. If a node goes down in your infrastructure, you receive a status change notification in a Slack channel.

I’d like to suggest async-mesos-rs, an asynchronous client for Apache Mesos scheduler events, that I’ve written.

Suggestion: noisy_float.

It was mentioned in the (quite popular) Reddit thread after the last Chucklefish game.

A quote from /u/kyrenn:

You know what, I was actually unaware of noisy_float, that actually looks like almost exactly what I wanted. It even implements all the important num_traits traits, including the Float trait. I actually wish I knew about this before, thank you for showing me that!

I want to nominate crowbook.

Crowbook’s aim is to allow you to write a book in Markdown without worrying about formatting or typography, and let the program generate HTML, PDF and EPUB output for you.

orz: an optimized ROLZ data-compressor written in rust

derive_more: Some more derive(Trait) options

Ditto - CRDTs (conflict-free replicated data types) for common data structures like maps, vecs, sets, text, and JSON.

I’d like to nominate fui (again?) - the 0.8.0 release happened just a few minutes ago.

For next time I would like to nominate tempus_fugit, a tiny library to easily measure the wall clock time of any expression. In addition, it can also be used to trivially display the collected data in human-readable form.