Crate of the Week

tonic: A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.

2 Likes

csv-groupby: Do select-group-by on csv and other text files

iter-python-rs: Python generator expressions and 'list' comprehensions
(This was mentioned before by @Yandros but not suggested yet)

1 Like

match_cfg: Convenience macro for defining items depending on large number of #[cfg]s

spotify-tui - A Spotify client for the terminal written in Rust.

4 Likes

Anyhow - Another option for simple idiomatic error handling in Rust.

3 Likes

cfg-if: A if/elif-like macro for Rust #[cfg] statements

eva: A basic calculator REPL

rust-type-freak: Collection of typed data structures, trait operators and aliases

Watt, a WebAssembly runtime for procedural macros, to shorten compile times and provide isolation and determinism.

Thanks to @dtolnay !

13 Likes

Grubbnet, a TCP client/server library for networked applications and games. It's the first open source crate I have released, thought I'd mention it here!

cookie-factory: serialization library built with a combinator design similar to the nom parser combinators library

stacktraceflow: Visualization and navigation tool for StackTraceFlow data

displaydoc: A derive macro for implementing the display Trait via a doc comment and string interpolation

3 Likes

ffizer is a files and folders initializer / generator. Create any kind (or part) of project from template(s). Useful to bootstrap or update a project.

2 Likes

easy-ext and extend allow you to create extensions for types you don't own with extension traits but without the boilerplate!

1 Like

cargo-hack allows you to workaround various cargo limitations

3 Likes

thiserror — a minimal derive helper for implementing useful std::error::Error.

6 Likes

Ldap3 is a great library if you have to work with LDAP or Active Directory. Bonus: the library author was very responsive and helpful when I had questions about how to use certain features and that was much appreciated.

4 Likes

ultraviolet: This is a crate to do basic, computer-graphics-related, linear algebra, but fast, by taking full advantage of SIMD

2 Likes