Crate of the Week

Sure, why not?

Back to nagging – please nominate & vote for our crates of the week! Previous week's crates (in alphabetical order) were:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt toml winapi

I would like to nominate lalrpop. It's an LR(1) parser generator, where the syntax is written using a nice, quite Rust like language, and it's compiled into Rust code as a part of the build process. There's also the option to use your own token type and tokenizer, which is very nice for more advanced projects.

6 Likes

Well, if we're allowed to plug our own projects, tempfile is pretty useful (especially for testing as tempfile() returns a normal File object).

2 Likes

I would like to nominate cargo-benchcmp which makes it so easy to compare benchmark changes!

Edit: Vote for the renegade :motorcycle: Python script. Utility beats rustic purity.

3 Likes

I would like to nominate eventual. It's a library that provides Future and Stream like abstractions and has a very easy to use interface.

1 Like

Sounds useful, but it's not a crate nor even written in Rust. A Python CotW? :fearful:

Haha, I didn't think about that. I've just been busy using this handy script a lot.

1 Like

Port it to Rust and turn it into a cargo subcommand! :slight_smile:

This one is not on crates.io but I nominate gaol, to plug some more security into our applications.

Note that it does not support Windows yet.

2 Likes

Please nominate & vote for our crates of the week! Previous week's crates (in alphabetical order) were:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt tempfile toml winapi

Nominating GFX, which has been slowly and steadily exploring the field of low-level graphics API abstractions. It recently got a D3D11 backend and an application launcher, making the dream of cross-API development in Rust to come true.

5 Likes

Please nominate & vote for our crates of the week! Previous week's crates (in alphabetical order) were:

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt tempfile toml winapi

I'd like to nominate Pencil as I love the API.

1 Like

rustful

Don't have much to say as I've never used it, personally, but they've been faithful consumers of multipart for some time now and I want to show my appreciation.

3 Likes

json_macros

A tidy little compiler-plugin for building serde_json::Value trees at compile-time.

1 Like

I'd like to nominate leftpad . :wink:

2 Likes

alias cargo-count chrono clap clippy conrod crossbeam Diesel gfx glium handlebars herbie-lint hyper itertools LALRPOP lazy_static nom preferences quickcheck quick_error racer ramp rayon roaring rotor rustfmt rustful tempfile toml winapi

I'd like to nominate gcc, which despite the name fronts the native C compiler of any platform. It makes it really easy to compile C and include it into your project.

9 Likes

capnproto-rust

An implementation of a crazy-fast cerealization framework for a crazy-fast programming language. I was able to get up and running with it very quickly, and documentation has improved heaps since early versions.

1 Like