Compilation error after bevy performance modifications

Hi !

I tried the bevy project and applied performances optimizations. Since, that, I failed to compile my project OpenCombat in release mode:

cargo build --release --bin battle_gui
[...]
   Compiling glam v0.24.1
error[E0275]: overflow evaluating the requirement `{closure@/home/bastiensevajol/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/geo-0.23.1/src/algorithm/map_coords.rs:855:69: 855:72}: Fn<(geo_types::Coord<T>,)>`
  |
  = help: consider increasing the recursion limit by adding a `#![recursion_limit = "256"]` attribute to your crate (`geo`)
  = note: required for `&{closure@/home/bastiensevajol/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/geo-0.23.1/src/algorithm/map_coords.rs:855:69: 855:72}` to implement `Fn<(geo_types::Coord<T>,)>`
  = note: 128 redundant requirements hidden
  = note: required for `&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&...` to implement `Fn<(geo_types::Coord<T>,)>`
  = note: the full type name has been written to '/home/bastiensevajol/Projets/OpenCombat2/target/release/deps/geo-7f844de8d353158d.long-type-17397158980800129309.txt'

For more information about this error, try `rustc --explain E0275`.
error: could not compile `geo` (lib) due to previous error
warning: build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...

Any idea about what I broke ? Thanks !

I see you applied the profile option to one of the workspace members. This is ignored. Only profile options in the workspace root Cargo.toml should have an effect. You should get a warning about this. Also changing the dev profile should not have any effect on release mode.

Do you still get the same error if you revert the change? And does cargo clean help?

Hello @bjorn3,

I deleted the profile option, thanks for the info.

Do you still get the same error if you revert the change?

You mean remove the "performance setup" of bevy ? I've done yes (before post this).

And does cargo clean help?

No changes. I updated with rustup and same result. :frowning:

It might be Compiling with cross set to target `armv7-unknown-linux-gnueabihf` causes issues with `try_map_coords_inplace`. · Issue #1010 · georust/geo · GitHub. Does it work if you update the geo crate to the latest version?

Its working ! Thank you a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.