Comment section on the doc.rust-lang.org website?

I would love a comment feature below the doc.rust-lang.org website. A place to share examples, informally suggest clarification and ask questions related to each page.

I don’t think this is very useful. The comment section must be moderated and quality checked. It has been a huge problem for the PHP community for a long time that the doc comment section had questionable or outdated advice.

IMHO Q&A content belongs to sites like stackoverflow nowadays.

Oh, I hate Stack overflow and never use it anymore due to the unhelpful, rule obsessed, judgemental culture of some fairly large percentage of members.

And I love the PHP comment section; they were extremely helpful when I started learning PHP almost 20 years ago. I am pretty sure they are the primary reason why I quit pursuing the .asp.

Bad and wrong advice is downvoted by community members; but I can’t count the number of times where I have found a comment that had already asked my question.

This is the first time I hear about the comments being a problem for the PHP community. Are you really sure that it has been a problem?

Yes, I was leading a couple of PHP teams back then and we constantly had to get developers to not copy code from there.

Things have improved since then, but I would still not like to turn our official docs into half a Q&A site with all the problems attached with it.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with annotation systems or community input, but the docs are editorialised content and some kind of method of quality control must be found.

1 Like