Clap_mangen v0.1 - manpage generation for your clap applications

We are happy to announce that the first release of clap_mangen is now out. Manpage generation has been a feature that I've been wanting for a long time, so I took it upon myself to implement it. And thanks to lots of help from both epage and larswirzenius it's finally here! Along the way we've also updated the roff-rs crate to be a generic ROFF generation crate.

The easiest way to get started is to add clap_mangen = "0.1.0" to your [build-dependencies] and run Man::new(app).render(&mut io::stdout()) (for example) in your build script to render out the manpage. I've also created an example that builds shell completion and manpages at build time into target/assets/ and has shell completion as a subcommand, to show the possibilities with clap and its companion crates.

This is an early release so there's missing features and documentation is fairly lacking, but there is lots more to come, so we'd love for people to try it out and give feedback on wanted features and issues that crop up.

4 Likes

We know there are still rough edges and would appreciate any further feedback or contributions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.