My requirement is simple: write a program that pretend to be a linker for Rust, but all it does is to receive command line parameters, find the files it refers to, then
- upload the files to a remote computer
- run modified linker commands in the remote computer
- collect the linker output from the remote computer
- download the output file from the remote computer and save the result file locally
- output the remote output as if it is from this program itself
Furthermore, I don’t want to write the server side for communication, I just assume the remote computer supports SSH and so I can use SSH to do all the communications.
Further requirements includes:
- I am developing on Windows. I want to work on MSVC targets only
- Require OpenSSL is OK, but I would not consider ming abi.
- native-ssl is preferable.
So this rules out the Thrussh library. Are there any other choices?