Cast between i64 and {integer}

Hello there,

i’m trying to acces data from a postgres database with the id. like this :

for x in counter_receive_last_id+1 ..counter_receive_last_id2+1 {
					match db_local.query("SELECT id, date_add, date_read, astmcontent, lis_name from astm_receive where id = $1", &[&x]) {
						Ok(rows) => {
							for row in rows.iter() {
								let entre = AstmR {
									id: row.get(0),
									date_add: row.get(1),
									date_read: row.get(2),
									astmcontent: row.get(3),
									lis_name: row.get(4),
								};

if entre.lis_name == lis_name {
									if let Err(err)	= peer1.send_to_other_peers("channel", (entre.date_add.to_string() + "/" + &entre.date_read.to_string() + "/" + &entre.astmcontent + "/" + &entre.lis_name)) {
										error!("Couldn't send - received : {:?}", err);
									}
								}
							}
						}
						Err(err)=> {
								error!("Couldn't query - received table: {:?} ", err);
						},
					}
				}
			}

i have a function to get the id I need and it returns a i64. But the postgres query function work with {integer} type. I made those errors just to show the type of variable i use, and which is needed. the one below is the result of my function which return the id i need

error: attempted access of field `what_is_this` on type `i64`, but no field with that name was found
   --> src/bin/main.rs:163:2
    |
163 | 	counter_receive_count.what_is_this;
    | 	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

when try with an {integer} it works, the following errors show the type of varible.

error: attempted access of field `what_is_this` on type `{integer}`, but no field with that name was found
   --> src/bin/main.rs:181:2
    |
181 | 	counter_receive_counta.what_is_this;
    | 	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

err

also, when i run my program whis the i64 setup and i try to query a data i have this kind of error log :

ERROR:main: Couldn't query - received table: Conversion(WrongType(Int4))

Do you have an idea to how i can fix this ? thank you :slight_smile:

There’s no {integer} type, it’s just how Rust compiler comunicates an error message about “an integer, but not yet known which one”. If the program compiles, it always becomes i32, u64, isize etc.

My guess is tha postgres wants i32Int4 type is four bytes long. Check out also this table