Cargo Stuck on version 1.45.1?

I'm trying to update cargo via rustup update stable. This finishes then I run cargo --version which yields cargo 1.45.1 (f242df6ed 2020-07-22). Even using rustup update nightly I still get back that cargo is version 1.45.1 not 1.45.2 for stable or 1.47.0 for nightly.

It looks like Cargo was not rebuilt for Rust 1.45.2, possibly because there were no changes needed.

Even using rustup update nightly I still get back that cargo is version 1.45.1

This will only affect Cargo while you have the nightly toolchain selected, either by making it the global default (rustup default nightly), or the default for a specific directory (rustup override set nightly), or by specifying it for a single command (cargo +nightly, or rustup run nightly cargo).

$ rustup run nightly cargo --version
cargo 1.47.0-nightly (ab32ee88d 2020-08-10)
1 Like

The main reason I was asking was because I was told there was a bug in llvm at some point that caused cargo run to overwrite the bootloader in the Hifive1 Rev B microcontroller. I ran into this and had to reflash the bootloader twice. I was given the suggestion to go to nightly rust. I updated rust to the latest version, and it still wrote over the bootloader. I will switch to nightly and see if it happens again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.