Build error: failed to run custom build command for `linux-kernel-module v0.1.0

Hello.

I am trying to compile linux-kernel-modules(https://github.com/fishinabarrel/linux-kernel-module-rust)
But there is a build error.
How can I solve it? I saw this error with another example.
My system is Ubuntu 16.04.LTS, 4.15.0-122-generic.

error: failed to run custom build command for linux-kernel-module v0.1.0 (/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust)

Caused by:
process didn't exit successfully: /home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/target/debug/build/linux-kernel-module-c8b0c0243c77ff00/build-script-build (exit code: 101)
--- stdout
cargo:rerun-if-env-changed=CC
cargo:rerun-if-env-changed=KDIR
cargo:rerun-if-env-changed=c_flags
cargo:rerun-if-changed=src/bindings_helper.h

--- stderr
error: error opening '/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/target/x86_64-linux-kernel/debug/.libhello_world.a.d': No such file or directory
error: error opening '/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/target/x86_64-linux-kernel/debug/.libhello_world.a.d': No such file or directory, err: true
thread 'main' panicked at 'Unable to generate bindings: ()', /home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/build.rs:174:39
note: run with RUST_BACKTRACE=1 environment variable to display a backtrace
warning: build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...
error: build failed
/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/Kbuild:9: recipe for target '/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/target/x86_64-linux-kernel/debug/libhello_world.a' failed
make[2]: *** [/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world/target/x86_64-linux-kernel/debug/libhello_world.a] Error 101
Makefile:1585: recipe for target 'module/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world' failed
make[1]: *** [module/home/jaemu.ha/rust/linux-kernel-module-rust/hello-world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.15.0-122-generic'
Makefile:9: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.

and

For most purposes, if you're interested in writing Linux kernel modules in Rust, you should look at https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux, which is an effort to contribute that process to the upstream kernel.

You should probably look at GitHub - Rust-for-Linux/linux: Adding support for the Rust language to the Linux kernel. instead.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. We invite you to open a new topic if you have further questions or comments.