Any GUI for Rust

Is there any production ready GUI library that I can use with rust?
I've edited it, added "production ready" as I've realized that the question wasn't precise enough.

Check out this website: https://areweguiyet.com/

2 Likes

In a word, yes!

https://lib.rs/keywords/gui

There's lots of experimentation still in the world of gui, so things like built-in visual editors to help.make guis aren't here yet.

There are bindings to other more mature GUI frameworks and there are rust native GUIs.

There are also some attempts that have more or less lost steam. A GUI library is a lot of hard work, a lot more than you might think at first.

Best of luck working with GUIs in rust. It might help to talk about what kind of GUI you want to make, what would it be used for?
Game GUI, Lots of graphs, or a few simple forms in front of a CLI like program?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There are also some attempts that have more or less lost steam.

Thanks

So basically there are none for the moment. In 5-10 years maybe.

I wouldn't say that, it depends how much time you want to spend working on theGUI elements and what you are expecting. Impressive GUIs have been made using rust:

I'm talking about gui library. So I actually don't have to spend any time on working on it, just using it. Like for example Qt for C++.

In a word, no!

gtk-rs supports glade for pointy-clicky gui design:

Website

Example repo

i think what @drmason13 was referring to was "gui libraries written in rust", not "gui libraries that you can use with rust", which is what @JacekZ1998 was asking for.

2 Likes

Yep, correct

The answer to both the original and edited question is yes, so I'm not sure what warranted this reply.

2 Likes

Are they production ready? Seriously? None of them is even at ver 1.0 from what I could see. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Even the official Rust doc says that they are not there yet.

depends what you mean by production ready

system76 for example sells computers with their management software using gtk-rs, for example (not a complete list)

I understand the gtk bindings are pretty solid. If you're referring to areweguiyet, it's not official and uses several qualifiers which you haven't specified in this thread. For "mature, easy to use, and completely Rust-based" libraries, the answer is no. For "production ready, usable with Rust", I believe the answer is yes.

1 Like

@Helioza, that's fine, I'm not trying to prove my point in any way, I'm trying to actually select one "production ready" library and start using it. Yes, I meant written in rust. So, as you've said yourself, there are none...
And from what I can see we won't see any in 5-10years.

Closing this topic. JacekZ1998, please don’t try to argue wih every single reply here that you disagree with. Focus on finding what helpful information you can, and on helping others.